Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Fun Surprise from Haley and Some Other Sweet Ladies

She said that there would be a surprise for me when I got home. She knew that I was worn out from studying for my final exam and working and taking care of her. And she wanted to encourage me. When I pulled into the driveway as I got home from work on Tuesday evening, I noticed the two small Christmas trees on either side of the front door, all lit up. My first thought was that Larry had decided to get a start on the decorating. (I had made everyone aware that I was feeling stressed about having done nothing to get ready for Christmas, and this small gesture was so appreciated by me, as much for the decorating itself as for what it represented.) When I got inside, though, I saw it. There was a fully decorated live Christmas tree in my living room, lit up in all its glory! As it turned out, Haley had masterminded a plot along with our friends Donna, Rebecca and Kendra, to spend the entire day decorating our house. I immediately burst into tears!  These four had worked all day getting bins down from the garage shelf, unwrapping ornaments, connecting lights and putting various decorations around the house. They did all this as Haley sat and directed them. Even the mantel was decorated!




This past month has been incredibly difficult. As you can imagine, to go from having Haley fully functional, driving, working and titrating off of her pain meds like a champ, to her current state of health is more than discouraging. Even in the past few days, she has continued to go down hill. She is fainting about 20 times a day, sometimes even when she's just sitting in her bed. Today, she fainted and fell out of the bed. She woke with her wheelchair on her and in a ton of pain in her head.








We continue to covet your prayers for perseverance, healing and wisdom for Dr. Henderson. We will travel up to MD on Thursday (of maybe Wednesday night) for a special MRI on Thursday at 8 am and will see Dr. H at 3 pm. I know this will be hard on Haley, as she has little endurance. Please pray for that, too. We are hopeful that Dr. H can once again fix whatever is wrong in her neck. I will keep you all posted. Thanks in advance, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment