Saturday, July 6, 2013

Struggling

So Much Pain

We have been home for less than 48 hours and the pain is still very severe for Haley. We set an alarm to get up during the night to give her pain and nausea meds, and she seems to rest fairly well. Both mornings, however, we have let her go more than the three hours, and she can't get on top of her pain. Yesterday morning, I saw how well she was sleeping and decided not to awaken her to give it. Boy, that was a big mistake. This morning when I got up, Larry said that he had not given her her meds since 1:00 am. It was 7:30, so I quickly got them and woke her up to give them.

Back To The Hospital (At Least It Was Local)

Yesterday afternoon, she was in a really bad way, so I took her to see our family doctor, who sent her to our local hospital treatment center for IV fluids and a pain shot. You would have thought that the last place I would want to go was the hospital, but surprisingly, I took great comfort in the familiarity of our own hospital where we know most of the staff and they know her. She was quickly attended to and her pain was brought down from an "11" to a 5/10. We took her home and she rested well until this morning when it was really bad again.

I called our family doctor (actually I texted him and he called right back--I love our doctors!) and he asked how he could get in touch with one of the doctors or PAs at the Maryland hospital. I called there and found out that there is a neurosurgeon covering for Dr. Henderson and gave the operator Dr. Schubert's direct number. Hopefully that connection will be made and some guidance will be given to help get Haley more comfortable.  I know that many have been praying. Please continue. I feel as if I may explode from the stress and fatigue of this whole ordeal. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment